In the idyllic ancient village of Bidart on the outskirts of Biarritz, you truly are based in one of the most picturesque regions in France and a surfers paradise.
Price Guide: 2018
From €8,400 to €17,350 per week
Long weekends on request
• 1 double en suite bedroom
• 1 twin bedroom
• 2 double en suite bedrooms
• 1 double en suite bedroom
Tower - up a further flight of stairs:
• Master suite
• Daily Maid Service 3 hours per day, 5 days a week (only available for week long bookings)
The following services available on request:
• Housekeeping service
• Fridge-stocking service
• Surf guide
• Snowboarding guide
• Concierge service
• Personal Chef
• Chauffeur pickup
• Tour guide
• Heated outdoor infinityswimming pool, electric cover 3.5m x 8m
• Weekly linen change
• Egyptian cotton linen
• Frette towels
• Panoramic views from every room through 360 degrees over mountains and ocean
• 1300m2 garden overlooking the beach
• Direct path from garden to beach
• Underfloor heating
• Media room overlooking the beach
• Broadband WiFi internet
• Cable TV with surround sound
• Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin sound system
• Nespresso, fully stocked
• 2 Salons
• Massive state-of-the art kitchen
• Laundry room
• Outdoor barbecue and dining area
• Secret lookout
• Board store
• 12 top quality golf courses within quick and easy reach
• Surfing - Some of Europe’s best, and most famous surf spots are right before your very eye
• Biarritz Airport: 6.6km (13 minutes)
• Bilbao Airport: 138km (1 hour 25min)
• Bordeaux Airport: 196km (1hour 55 mins)
Ocean View is perched on a shallow cliff overlooking the beach, with panoramic views of the ocean and the Pyrenees. In the heart of the historic village of Bidart on the outskirts of Biarritz, this six bedroom villa is the most luxurious and well situated on the Basque coast. There is direct access to the beach, yet the house is next to the lovely market and restaurants of Bidart. It is set in a lawned garden (1,300m2) with a good sized heated pool and long dining terrace overlooking the sea below and cooled by the sea breezes. Owned by a leading London hotelier, this house has been beautifully renovated and finished to the highest specification.
There is a huge open plan kitchen/dining room overlooking the sea, with a separate sitting room off it. On a galleried mezzanine level there is a media room. again overlooking the sea. On the ground floor are two bedrooms with en suite bathrooms. The second floor has 3 bedrooms, all with en suite bathrooms, and then up in the ‘Tower’ is the most spectacular double-vista master bedroom suite.
An historical cliff-top village of traditional Basque houses overlooking the pristine blue ocean and the Spanish mainland. With its traditional fronton (pelote court), weekly market and characterful village square framed by the Pyrenees, you don’t need to get in a car unless you want to. Throw in a selection of excellent restaurants championing the finest of French cuisine and you have the perfect base camp for a stay in the region.
A typical Basque fishing village with some of the best restaurants in southwest France. It also hosts one of the world’s most famous waves and a host of brilliant bars. A carefree evening here watching the sun drop behind the shimmering ocean is an absolute must.
In the 1800’s and 1900’s, Biarritz was the playground of Europe’s royal families with its Grande Plage dominated by the Hotel du Palais, built by Napoleon III. Today its fan-base is slightly more democratised, with surfers, golfers, partygoers, snowboarders and sailors all drawn to its unique combination of southern France chic, renowned ocean waves and eclectic nightlife.
Biarritz is Basque, but with a clear Parisian influence. It sits on the edge of the Atlantic, but at the foot of the Pyrenees. Its unique position means that there is a distinct Spanish influence running through its architecture and cuisine and it is a wonderful example of a region with a rich cultural heritage like no other.