The ultimate glamorous family house - once here you won't want to leave. We thought it gorgeous, totally manageable and approachable but breathtaking in style and size!
Price Guide: 2019
from £ 4,525 to £16,982
• Master bedroom suite: bathroom with shower and bath, dressing room/baby bedroom suitable for a cot
• Twin/double bedroom, en suite shower room
• 2 twin bedrooms, en suite walk-in shower rooms
• Double bedroom, en suite shower room
• Daily housekeeper 6 days per week for 5 hours per day
• Concierge service 9-5pm
• Cook – breakfast service and one meal a day (July & August only)
• Free form infinity pool approx. 14m x 7m (heating at extra charge)
• TV sitting room
• Satellite TV, music system
• Air-conditioning throughout and some paddle fans
• iPod docking stations
• Baby equipment
• Airport 1 hour drive
• Corfu Town 1 hour drive
• Avlaki Beach 20 minutes walk
• Boat hire at Kassiopi 10 minutes drive
• St. Stephano 3 minutes
• Agni and Kouloura restaurants10-15 minutes by car
• Water Skiing at Kalami 10 minutes by car
• Sailing, windsurfing, horse riding at Avlaki
• Golf at Ropa Valley 50 mins by car
EOT Licence: 1044669
Having wound your way up through the olive groves above Avlaki Beach, Kipseli is a gem of a house perched on the side of the hill looking out across the island of Kaparelli and the sparkling sea to the mountains of Albania beyond.
Light and airy, you enter through the huge living area with double height pitched ceiling running the length of the house. Large glass doors allow you to wander in and out to the covered colonnaded terrace and enjoy the spectacular view from the outside sitting area. The kitchen at one end has state of the art equipment and opens onto the BBQ terrace overlooking the pool terrace. At the opposite end of the house on this level is the large master bedroom suite with French doors opening onto a private terrace. The stand-alone office is also at this end.
From this level, the glassed staircase leads down to the garden level where there are a further 4 bedrooms, a well equipped gym and a pretty TV sitting room where children can go and play board games and watch DVD's . All these rooms, apart from the gym, open onto a huge sunny terrace overlooking the gardens below.
The infinity pool has been built to follow the contours of the hillside and is positioned so that the view whilst swimming is breathtaking. Surrounded by further terraces with plenty of sun loungers, hammocks and dining area, this is really one of the main focal points of the house.
The property is very child friendly with a master bedroom dressing room which can double as a bedroom with a cot. The interior design is uncluttered and modern, cool white with contemporary furniture and fabrics sourced from around the world adding touches of colour and rich texture. There are many interesting pieces including the Amazonian tree-trunk coffee table, a Russian icon and a Touareg wood carving.
The chef will propose menus on arrival for your stay. Lucy, the housekeeper, runs the house efficiently and will help you organise your time while you are there from booking a boat in nearby Kassiopi or San Stefano to pointing out the path to walk down to the beach below - for the fitter amongst you!