A beautifully restored Masseria in the heart of Puglia, perfect for two families.
Sleeps: 16 + 4
Price Guide 2017:
July and August €29,500 per week
June & Sept €23,500 per week
May, first half October & second half April €17,500 per week
Second half October and first half April €15,500 per week
Rest of the year €11,500 per week
Christmas/New Year weeks €23,500
• 3 double bedrooms, en suite bathrooms
• 3 double/twin bedroom suites
• 2 double bedrooms, en suite bathrooms
• 1 double bedroom, en suite bathroom
Overlander Suite (extra per night charge)
• 1 double staff bedroom, en suite wet room
• Daily maid service 08h00 – 13h00
• Babysitter on request
• Personal laundry service (extra charge)
• English speaking concierge/manager
• Pool 16m x 18m x 24m ‘beach’ with pool house
• Roof top pool & dining terrace
• Tennis court
• Children's play area
• Movie projector can be used both by the pool and indoors
• Air conditioning throughout
• Bari airport 40 mins drive
• Brindisi airport 50 mins drive
• Monopoli town shops and restaurants 10 mins
• Beach 10 mins
• Lecce 1.5 hours
Masseria Petrarolo was built in 1689 and recently restored to the highest standard. The interiors have been designed by Alexander Waterworth and specially chosen to compliment the Masseria’s striking architecture, providing a laid back and serene living space that is luxurious and yet relaxed.
There is plenty of space for both indoor and outdoor dining with facilities for 18 guests. Al fresco meals are served between the breakfast terrace, and the shady pool terrace.
The main pool is set in its own one acre lawned garden and has a 24m ‘beach’ with 16m swimming lanes and a shallow play area for little ones plus its own pool house with kitchen and bathroom. For those wanting to sunbathe in privacy, there is the huge roof terrace with large day beds and pretty pool. This is a great place to gather in the evening to watch the sun set on the Adriatic with a sun-downer, followed by dinner on the candlelit terrace with the lights of Monopoli twinkling on the coast.
The gardens are made up of a set of terraces with a lawn path bordered by lavender, wild flowers and fruit and nut trees. There is a walled citrus garden, 100 acres of Olive groves, a vegetable and herb garden providing organic produce for the kitchen, a children’s playground and a chicken coop where the free roaming chickens produce fresh eggs, and for the athletic a brand new astro-turf tennis court.
This is a beautiful house, built to the highest standards and in a wonderful location - perfect for those wishing to enjoy the food and culture of this very traditional part of Italy. You will be beautifully looked after by the dedicated team.
There are 6 bedrooms in the main house, all with en suite bathrooms. They are all bright and airy with easy access to the gardens and terraces and have wonderful sea views.
1. Giordano – This quiet corner suite, with original chianci stone floors and a fireplace, evokes a time long gone and inspires contemplation and creativity. Direct access to the breakfast terrace and the courtyard, expansive sea views.
2. Melograno - This suite boasts an enormous bath that will comfortably hold two adults side by side. King-size, double or twin. Direct access to the breakfast terrace and the courtyard plus expansive sea views beyond the olive groves.
3. Valentino - A romantic master room with super kingsize double bed, original, high vaulted ceilings, an open walk-in shower and freestanding bath tub. Secret doorway to the hammam, direct access from the courtyard and a private terrace leading to the walled garden.
4. Gargano - Named after the wild and majestic Gargano Peninsula further down in the Foggia province of Puglia. The en-suite bathroom boasts a plunge pool tub and an outdoor shower. The large suite features a fireplace and a private terrace leading to the walled garden. Kingsize, double or twin.
5. Cappella – Housed above the Masseria chapel, the bright and airy Cappella suite is conveniently located in the upstairs main house, with direct access to the library and family kitchen. King size double with a free-standing bath tub under the large bay window. Fireplace and breath-taking views over the olive groves, Monopoli town and the sea. Spacious en-suite with walk-in shower and direct access to a secluded terrace.
6. Agrumeto – The Agrumeto bedroom overlooks the courtyard and is conveniently accessed from the family kitchen. It has a very bright and airy en suite bathroom with a walk in shower and an outdoor bathtub overlooking the citrus garden - a wonderful place to soak up late afternoon rays anytime of the year. Queen-size double bed and a fireplace.
7. Lampascioni - Located next to the pool, this suite is one of two interconnecting ocean view suites in the self-contained poolside residence. Kingsize or twin beds with a walk-in shower and shaded terrace. French windows lead directly onto the pool lawn.
8. Lapazaya – This master suite is one of two interconnecting ocean view suites in the self-contained poolside residence. Boasting a fireplace and a comfortable sitting area, it also features a walk-in shower, an outdoor shower in a secluded private garden, a free-standing bathtub and direct access to the pool kitchen and terrace.
Intended as the chef’s residence, this lovely en-suite overlooks the courtyard and is potentially an ‘overflow’ bedroom, with features and fittings in keeping with the rest of the Masseria.
10. The Airstream (for rent seperately)
Restored over 4 years by a former boat builder in Devon, this 1973 Airstream International Overlander is 27ft long and is set out as a one double bedroom with en suite wet room shower and loo. There is also a living room and kitchen. This accommodation is perfect for those who like to get away and enjoy a private idyll in the gardens.
Some helpfuls PDFS