A luxury, ski-in ski-out chalet located in the calm of Meribel 1600 accommodation offering the perfect balance of traditional and modern.
Sleeps: 10 - Unsuitable for babies or very small children
£14,000 - £25,000 per week
• Master superking size Bedroom with ensuite Bathroom
• One fixed twin bedroom with two 3’ beds and ensuite shower room.
• 3 superking size/twin Bedrooms with ensuite Bathrooms, two with showers and one with bath.
• Chalet Manager (live-in)
• Chef (live-in) providing breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner 6 days a week with good wines
• Outdoor hot tub
• Spa area with Hamam steam room, massage and shower
• Drying room with boot warmers
• Office area with laptop and printer
• Underfloor heating in all rooms
• Parking on site for 2 cars
• Fully equipped bar and Nespresso machine
• Sky TV, DVD and Bose surround sound and integral music system
• Transfers within the resort can be arranged
• Games and sleds in chalet for guests’ use
• Ski-in ski-out during high season or good conditions – a few minutes’ walk to the piste at other times
• Meribel 1600 3 minute walk. Meribel town Centre 5 min drive
Chalet Arolla is a recently renovated, luxury chalet benefiting from the relative calm of Meribel 1600 and yet with ski-in ski-out access (during high season) to the world’s largest ski domaine.
With spacious accommodation marrying the traditional and the modern, the chalet has five ensuite bedrooms on the ground floor and on the lower ground floor level there is a stone-floored mini-spa, a steam room, power shower and doors opening out to an outdoor hot tub to ease your aching muscles from a day spent on the slopes.
Moving up from the ground floor is the main living area where a huge open plan dining room, bar area and sitting room all merge into one another to create a wonderful, warm space perfect for dinners and cocktails with invited clients, parties with old friends or much needed family time. The decor is modern yet comfortable and cosy and the top-of–the range entertainment system means you can choose whether or not to be completely cut off from civilisation. As does the office area which is a small balcony above the main living area and includes a laptop with full WIFI access and printer.
The interior living space is further enhanced when you open the glass doors that stretch all along one side of the room onto a huge balcony. It is caught by the afternoon sun and is the perfect place to sit with tea and cake (or a drink!) after a day on the slopes.
Chef, Peter Coleman, has over 14 years’ experience. He loves to cook and is passionate about two things – food and living in the mountains. Food is of the highest priority at Chalet Arolla and all meals are prepared using locally sourced produce where possible. Peter is happy to cater to all guests’ tastes and dinner 6 nights a week takes the form of a restaurant style 4 or 5 course meal with wine. If you fancy something stronger to drink, there is also a fully equipped bar which is operated on an “honesty” basis. Peter’s wife, Lesley, has worked as a hospitality manager across the globe and will be on hand to keep the chalet looking immaculate at all times and to deal with guests’ requirements from organizing lift passes, ski lessons, mountain guides, masseuses, transport arrangements, childcare, etc, etc.