A luxury villa to rent in Tangalle, Sri Lanka
Sleeps: 9 + 2
Price Guide 2021:
From US$650 to US$1200 per night
Plus 10% service charge
Minimum stay from 3 to 7 nights
Smaller groups on request
- 4 full-time staff including a gourmet chef (plus 2 more if villa is full)
- 3 double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- 1 twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Infinity pool (36 feet)
- Short path down the hill to the beach
- Air conditioning
- Ayurvedic spa treatments, massage, yoga & guided wildlife visits
- Colombo international airport 3.5 hrs drive
- Helicopter transfer 1 hr 45 mins
- Scheduled & chartered air taxi service operated by Cinnamon Air from international airport lands 15 mins away
- Tangalle 15 mins drive
Coconut Beach Villa is serene, relaxed and intimate. Overlooking a pristine crescent-shaped beach, the house offers four en-suite bedrooms, an Ayurvedic spa and an infinity pool with sweeping sea views.
This a great house for a group of young people wanting some R&R and some fun. A further single bed or cot can be added to the twin bedroom for an extra child or ninth person.
The design blends a simple tropical aesthetic with modern luxury. The five full-time staff include a chef who incorporates mainly local organic produce from the sea and garden in her daily menus. The chef cooks both Sri Lankan and European food.
The house is located in a cashew grove just outside the town of Tangalle and close to nature reserves and temples. Guided visits can be arranged for all these activities.
The in-house spa can provide massage and Ayurvedic treatments along with in-house yoga or sessions at a local yoga studio. This is a great place for a detox with much focus on organic methods.
Only a handful of private homes have direct access to the picture-perfect beach, with its soft white sand and swaying palms. The warm, clear waters of the Indian Ocean are ideal for body-boarding and swimming all year round.
Around the rocky headland from Coconut Beach Villa’s cove lies a long, curving bay with more enticing spots for sunbathing and beachcombing. Boating, fishing and snorkelling trips can be arranged, when guests may encounter pods of playful dolphins and migrating whales.