A luxury villa to rent in Cadaques, Costa Brava, Spain
Price Guide 2021:
From €1,650 to €3,600 per night
Minimum stay of 3 nights in low season & 7 nights in high season
- Concierge service
- Daily housekeeping
- Delivery of breads & pastries for breakfast
- Private chef, butler & babysitter on request
- 2 double bedrooms with king-size beds, en-suite bathrooms & access to a private terrace
- Double bedroom with king-size bed, sofa bed & en-suite bathroom
- Double bedroom with king-size bed, single bed & en-suite bathroom
- 5 bedrooms with either 1 double bed or 2 single beds & en-suite bathrooms
- Bunk bedroom with 2 sets of bunk beds & en-suite bathroom
- Infinity pool (10m) with sea views – heated out of season
- Private access to the sea
- 2 hectares of private grounds
- Pool house with shower & bathroom
- Fully equipped kitchen, 2 wine cellars & outdoor kitchen with barbecue & plancha
- Indoor & outdoor seating for 8 to 16 guests
- Audio system & WiFi
- Library, fireplace, piano, harp & guitar
- Paddleboards & e-bikes
- In-villa yoga, Pilates, massages & cooking classes on request
- Perpignan & Girona airports 1 hr 30 mins
- Barcelona airport 2 hrs 30 mins
- Boating, kayaking, scuba diving, free diving, hiking, cycling, golf, tennis & sightseeing tours available in the local area
The village of Cadaques on the Cap de Creus peninsula on Spain’s famous Costa Brava has been adored by artists since the 1950s. Duchamp and Picasso were two of the many painters attracted by its beautiful light and astonishing landscapes, and Salvador Dali lived for over 50 years in a house in Portlligat – now a museum – just across the peninsula.
That on its own could be enough to warrant a stay in this pretty Spanish enclave – with its cobbled streets, whitewashed houses and incredible views of the Mediterranean – but Villa Cadaques has taken artistic inspiration to a whole new level.
The 10-bedroom villa sits high on the cliffs by the magnificent Cap de Creus nature reserve, on two hectares of private land overlooking the sea and sheltered by a pristine pine forest.
Such a stunning setting is surely enough to inspire any budding artist, which may explain why the villa was owned for over 20 years by Dali’s private secretary, the famous Captain Peter Moore.
Now completely refurbished with great respect made to its original architecture and artistic pedigree, the villa offers nine double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, a bunk room for the kids, a stunning heated outdoor pool with magnificent sea views, and private access to the waters of the Med.
Daily housekeeping ensures all is kept tidy, while optional extras run from private chefs and butlers to yoga, Pilates and cooking classes.
There’s great kayaking and diving to be had along the coast, with golf, tennis, cycling and hiking all popular on land.
Who knows, you may even find yourself with a paint brush in hand before an easel on the terrace?
This is just a selection of some of the villas we represent. We are constantly on the lookout for new properties to add to our portfolio and are always delighted to look for that very special house if you haven’t found what you are looking for. Properties are available throughout the year by arrangement.
So do call, we would love to talk to you.