A luxury villa to rent near Lefkimmi, Corfu, Greece
Can be rented with Villa Meos next door to sleep 24
Price Guide 2021:
From €5,600 to €10,500 per week
- Daily maid service 6 days a week
- Cook on request
- Concierge service
- 3 double bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms
- Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Family bedroom with 1 double bed, 2 single beds, a loft bed on a mezzanine floor & a shower room
- Infinity pool
- 100m through olive grove to 2km sandy beach with chill-out area & sun beds
- Pool house
- Mediterranean garden & outside dining room for 12
- Barbecue, table tennis & boules pitch
- Fully equipped kitchen, dining table for 10 & laundry room
- WiFi, safe & air conditioning throughout
- Use of boat & boat captain at additional cost
- Corfu Town & international airport 1 hr (or 10 mins by boat transfer)
- Perivoli 10 mins
- Lefkimmi 12 mins
- Day trips to Paxos can easily be arranged
Lefkimmi Bay, about an hour’s drive south of Corfu Town, is a far cry from the hubbub of Kassiopi and the wall-to-wall Sloanes of north-east Corfu. But nor does it fit in with the all-day breakfasts and loutish behaviour of Kavos and the south.
Instead, this is one of the island’s remaining undisturbed corners, where locals get on with their day-to-day lives, quite possibly oblivious to the fact that their restaurants serve some of the best seafood we’ve found on Corfu.
Villa Cara is a mere 100m from the bay’s sandy beach, which is accessed via a path through a pretty, private olive grove. The house is semi-detached and backs on to its sister property, Villa Meos. Both villas can be taken individually to sleep 12, or together to sleep 24, which works perfectly for big family gatherings, get-togethers with friends or two or more families traveling together.
Inside are five spacious bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms and sea views: three doubles, a twin, and a large family room with two single beds, a double and an extra bed on the mezzanine floor.
There’s a comfy living room, a dining table inside that can happily seat ten, and a larger outside dining area overlooking the pool.
Local, light woods have been used throughout – in everything from the driftwood mirror frames to the tree-stump coffee tables – and help to give the villa a natural, earthy feel.
Outside, gnarled and mature olive trees stand sentinel over the attractive outdoor pool, and the whole scene is framed by a fresh, Mediterranean garden.
Down on the beach, the owners have created a wonderful, private lounge area, complete with shady pergola, driftwood seating with well-padded cushions, hammocks and comfy sun beds. And no sign of the crowds that you’ll find in Kassiopi.