A luxury villa to rent near Lefkimmi, Corfu, Greece
Sleeps: 10 + 2
Can be rented with Villa Meos next door to sleep 22
Price Guide 2021:
From €5,600 to €10,500 per week
- Daily maid service 6 days a week
- Cook on request
- Concierge service
- 3 double bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Family bedroom with 1 double bed, 2 single beds, on a mezzanine floor & a shower room
- Infinity pool
- 100m through olive grove to 2km sandy beach with chill-out area & sun beds
- Pool house
- Mediterranean garden & outside dining room for 12
- Barbecue, table tennis & boules pitch
- Fully equipped kitchen, dining table for 10 & laundry room
- WiFi, safe & air conditioning throughout
- Use of boat & boat captain at additional cost
- Corfu Town & international airport 1 hr (or 10 mins by boat transfer)
- Perivoli 10 mins
- Lefkimmi 12 mins
- Day trips to Paxos can easily be arranged
Lefkimmi Bay, about an hour’s drive south of Corfu Town, is a far cry from the hubbub of Kassiopi and the wall-to-wall Sloanes of north-east Corfu. But nor does it fit in with the all-day breakfasts and loutish behaviour of Kavos and the south.
Instead, this is one of the island’s remaining undisturbed corners, where locals get on with their day-to-day lives, quite possibly oblivious to the fact that their restaurants serve some of the best seafood we’ve found on Corfu.
Villa Cara is a mere 100m from the bay’s sandy beach, which is accessed via a path through a pretty, private olive grove. The house is semi-detached and backs on to its sister property, Villa Meos. Both villas can be taken individually to sleep 8+, or together to sleep 22, which works perfectly for big family gatherings, get-togethers with friends or two or more families traveling together.
Inside are five spacious bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms and sea views: three doubles, a twin, and a large family room with two single beds, a double and an extra bed on the mezzanine floor.
There’s a comfy living room, a dining table inside that can happily seat ten, and a larger outside dining area overlooking the pool.
Local, light woods have been used throughout – in everything from the driftwood mirror frames to the tree-stump coffee tables – and help to give the villa a natural, earthy feel.
Outside, gnarled and mature olive trees stand sentinel over the attractive outdoor pool, and the whole scene is framed by a fresh, Mediterranean garden.
Down on the beach, the owners have created a wonderful, private lounge area, complete with shady pergola, driftwood seating with well-padded cushions, hammocks and comfy sun beds. And no sign of the crowds that you’ll find in Kassiopi.