A luxury villa to rent near Lefkimmi, Corfu, Greece
Sleeps: 8 +2
Can be rented with Villa Cara next door to sleep 22
Price Guide 2021:
From €5,600 to €10,500 per week
- Daily maid service 6 days a week
- Cook on request
- Concierge service
- 2 Double bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room & terrace
- Family bedroom with 1 double bed, 2 single beds on a mezzanine floor & a shower room
- Infinity pool
- 100m through olive grove to 2km sandy beach with chill-out area & sun beds
- Pool house
- Mediterranean garden
- Barbecue, table tennis & boules pitch
- Fully equipped kitchen, dining table for 10 & laundry room
- WiFi, safe & air conditioning throughout
- Use of boat & boat captain at additional cost
- Corfu Town & international airport 1 hr (or 10 mins by boat transfer)
- Perivoli 10 mins
- Lefkimmi 12 mins
- Day trips to Paxos can easily be arranged
If the thought of hobnobbing all holiday with smart Sloanes in linens and straw hats leaves you feeling rather cold, then avoid Kensington-on-Sea – as north-east Corfu is often drily referred to – and consider instead this far quieter corner of colourful Corfu.
Sister property to Villa Cara next door, Villa Meos sits tucked behind an olive grove that runs down to the calm waters of Lefkimmi Bay, about an hour’s drive south of Corfu Town.
This is a beautiful, rural corner of the island, full of pastel villages, rolling hills and well-matured olive trees. Think Tuscany but with fewer crowds, better beaches and some fabulous fish restaurants.
Modern, light and tastefully decorated in pale woods and cream colours, the villa offers four spacious bedrooms, including two doubles with sea views, a children’s bunk room and a family room with two single beds, a double bed and a loft bed above them on a mezzanine floor.
Outside is an inviting infinity pool with a large covered terrace at one end complete with sofas, coffee table and an outdoor dining table. It’s all beautifully lit at night creating a wonderful atmosphere for al-fresco family meals. A ping pong table, boules pitch and barbecue round out the facilities.
A private path leads from the villa through the olive trees to the beach on Lefkimmi Bay, a 2km stretch of soft yellow sand that runs to calm, warm water (another advantage over north-east Corfu, where the majority of beaches are pebbled). Here you’ll find sun beds and a chilled-out beachfront lounge with sofas and some shade.
Lefkimmi town is just a 12-minute drive away and boats leave from its harbour to the neighbouring islands of Paxos and Antipaxos. It’s well worth a day trip to these tiny Ionian isles, famed for their electric blue sea and dinky harbour towns. Hang out at Ben’s Bar on Monodendri beach with a pina colada, or take a walk through the vineyards to bays so clear they may as well be photoshopped.