A luxury estate to rent in the heart of Provence, France
Sleeps: 14 + 2 children
Price Guide 2022:
From €17,000 per week
- Daily maid service (2 maids in the morning & 1 for an hour in the afternoon)
- Cook by arrangement
- Ground Floor:
1 double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Garden Level:
2 double bedrooms
1 shared bathroom (shower & bath)
- First Floor:
1 double bedroom
1 twin bedroom
- Second Floor:
2 single bedrooms
Shower room & WC
- Saline gated swimming pool (32 square metres)
- Second swimming pool with infinity edge (6m x 12m)
- Pool house with summer kitchen, barbecue & pizza oven
- Private lake & sandy beach (paddle boards & kayaks)
- Tennis court, helipad & treehouse
- TV/DVD & WiFi throughout the house
- Nice international airport 1 hr 15 mins drive (81km)
- Toulon/Hyeres airport 1 hr 20 mins drive (49km)
- TGV station Les Arcs Draguignan 30 mins drive (20km)
- Callas & weekly market 10 mins drive (5km)
- St Tropez 1 hr drive (48km)
- Golf course Terre Blanche, Fayence 30 mins drive (21km)
- Golf course Saint Endréol 15 mins drive (10km)
- Restaurant Gorges de Pennafort (1 Michelin star) 5 mins drive (1.5km)
This is a wonderful house for those looking to get away from it all; a haven of peace and tranquillity in a beautiful, rural environment with fabulous views and total privacy.
The ancient Provençale Bastide is set in 100 hectares of private forest with a lake and pretty gardens.
The house has been sympathetically restored. The downstairs living area is open plan and leads into a well-equipped and immaculate kitchen. A large dining room table seats 20 and there are tables outside seating 16.
Very much a house for families or artists, there is plenty of accommodation spread over three floors plus an adjacent cottage.
The house is set up for outside living, with two pools and an outdoor kitchen complete with wood-fire pizza oven overlooking the three lakes and the rolling hills of Provence.
Many shady and quiet corners offer natural spots for those wanting to escape and plenty of space for children to run around and explore. The outdoor salon is the perfect place for evening drinks.
The new pool has an infinity edge overlooking the estate while the period pool looks like an ornamental pond and fits discreetly into the formal garden. Both are gated for safety.
The lake, which extends to about one hectare, offers good swimming and has an island with a pergola. Boats and paddleboards provide hours of outdoor fun.
A full size and renovated hard tennis court is set into a clearing in the oak tree forest, just out of sight of the main house. There are many longs walks or jogs to be explored in the forest’s private paths. The tree house is a wonderful play area for children and is lit in the evenings.
Callas, which is 4km away, is a charming Provençal hilltop village with a typical local market every Saturday morning. There are some good local restaurants in the village.
The surrounding area forms the heart of the Cote de Provence, home to some of the best rose wines in all France. Most local chateaux offer tastings on site, including the nearest one, Chateau d’Esclan, the producers behind UK favourite, Whispering Angel.
This is just a selection of the villas we represent.
We are constantly on the lookout for new properties to add to our portfolio and are always delighted to look for that very special house if you haven't found what you are looking for. Properties are available throughout the year by arrangement.
So do call we would love to talk too you.