A private house to rent on the Borana Conservancy in Laikipia, Kenya
Price Guide 2021:
From US$8,000 to US$9,500 per night (up to 6 guests)
Each additional adult per night: US$600
Each additional child (5-15 years) per night: US$300
Children under 5 stay free of charge
Conservation fees: US$150 per adult per day, US$75 per child per day
- Fully staffed
- Full-board accommodation including house wines, spirits, beers & soft drinks
- Chef for all meals
- Daily maid service
- Daily laundry
- In-house masseuse
- 6 double bedrooms in 4 separate cottages
- All have en-suite bathrooms with rain showers & freestanding copper bathtubs
- Solar-heated infinity pool & pool house
- Lunch pavilion, sundowner bar & pizza oven
- Gym, games room & pétanque pitch
- WiFi, smart TVs, Netflix, DSTV & Sonos sound system
- Included in the rates: night & day game drives, guided bush walks, mountain biking, conservation activities, sundowner excursions, bush breakfasts/picnics & 1 complimentary horse ride per guest
- Available at extra charge: additional horse rides, visits to Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, helicopter excursions & more
- Private charter flights available from across East Africa to the Borana Conservancy airstrip, 15 mins from Lengishu
- Daily scheduled flights available from Nairobi to Lewa Downs, 1 hr 30 mins from Lengishu
- Road transfers can be arranged, Lengishu is a 5 hr drive from Nairobi
Lengishu is a stunning new house located on Kenya’s newest and most successful private rhino conservancy, Borana. The private home is completely sustainable in design and was built to blend into its natural surroundings. With sweeping views across the Borana-Lewa landscape and into Northern Kenya, it’s difficult not to fall in love with this house.
The main house is central to the design with a large entrance hall leading to the sitting and dining rooms, which is warmed by two large open fireplaces with glorious views and an impressive vaulted ceiling. A covered veranda with a pizza oven allows for outdoor luncheons or evening entertaining. A studio with floor-to-ceiling windows and inspirational views is nestled below.
All the bedrooms are spacious with an open, uncluttered design and have en-suite bathrooms with rain showers and freestanding copper bathtubs. The floor-to-ceiling windows open on to the views beyond, making the most of a spectacular setting and allowing for bathtub game viewing.
There is never a dull moment at Lengishu – stay at the house and watch wildlife from the gorgeous infinity pool while sipping a G&T, play pétanque in the grounds or partake in a relaxing massage, the choice is yours.
Alternatively, enjoy daily game drives on the hunt for the big five, hop in a helicopter and explore the frontiers of Northern Kenya, go horse riding in the foothills of Mount Kenya, or venture out on foot with a conservancy ranger to spot black and white rhino.
This is just a selection of some of the villas we represent. We are constantly on the lookout for new properties to add to our portfolio and are always delighted to look for that very special house if you haven’t found what you are looking for. Properties are available throughout the year by arrangement.
So do call, we would love to talk to you.