A luxury villa to rent near Lefkimmi, Corfu, Greece
Price Guide 2021:
From €5,600 to €10,500 per week
- Daily maid service 6 days a week
- Cook on request
- Concierge service
- 2 double bedrooms with super-king beds, en-suite shower rooms & sea views
- Double bedroom with king-size bed, en-suite shower room & sea view
- Double bedroom with king-size bed, en-suite shower room & garden view
- 2 twin bedrooms (which can also be made up as doubles) with en-suite shower rooms & garden views
- Direct access to 2km sandy beach with chill-out area & sun beds
- Mediterranean garden & outdoor shower
- Barbecue & outside dining table for 12
- Fully equipped kitchen, indoor dining table for 12 & laundry room
- WiFi, games console & air conditioning throughout
- Use of boat & boat captain at additional cost
- Corfu Town & international airport 1 hr (or 10 mins by boat transfer)
- Perivoli 10 mins
- Lefkimmi 12 mins
- Day trips to Paxos can easily be arranged
This authentic Greek beach house sits deep in the cup of Lefkimmi Bay, a wide and curving bay well off the usual tourist trail, about an hour’s drive south of Corfu Town, but not far enough south to be caught in the chaos that has come to define Kavos.
The house is light and airy, with high ceilings, stone floors and cool interiors. Stylish touches like his and hers freestanding stone basins in the bathrooms, beaded hanging lampshades and a coffee table cut from the trunk of a giant hardwood add a definite sense of character, while cosy beds and a modern kitchen provide the comforts of home.
Outside is a covered terrace for al-fresco dining, some plush sun beds and a large lawn. There’s no pool as of yet, but we have it on good authority that the owners plan to build one. Until then, you’ll just have to make do with swimming in the sea, which is hardly a hardship given that the water here is especially warm and calm, making it ideal for little ones.
The beach starts where the lawn ends, and unlike the small pebbly coves of the north-east, the coast here is all sand, running for 2km either side of the house. Here the owners have built a wonderful chill-out area, complete with shady pergola, driftwood seating with well-padded cushions, hammocks and comfy sun beds.
To the east of the house, Lefkimmi town is divided by a tranquil canal and has a number of lovely squares and beautiful churches, plus some charming tavernas. Perivoli, the other nearby settlement of any meaningful size, is a traditional village of stone houses and narrow alleys, set in a peaceful setting of farmland, hills, olive trees and vineyards.
Also worth considering is a day trip to Paxos, easily reached on a boat trip from Lefkimmi or in one of the three boats that belong to the villa and its two sister properties, Villa Cara and Villa Meos. Still largely unspoiled, tiny Paxos is easy to fall in love with, full of radiant blue bays, centuries-old olive groves and diminutive harbour villages in shades of pink and cream.