A luxury villa to rent in Olhao, eastern Algarve, Portugal
Not suitable for very small children
Price Guide 2021:
From €11,200 to €20,650 per week
Shorter stays on request
- House manager
- Daily maid service 3 hours per day, 5 days per week
- Cook & caterers on request
- 3 double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- 9 double/twin bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Rooftop pool (9m x 3m) – heating on request
- Rooftop yoga decks (max capacity of 16)
- Underfloor heating & working fireplaces (inside & out)
- Meditation room, 2 massage rooms & pool table
- Cinema screen on request
- WiFi & ceiling fans in all bedrooms
- Biking, paddle boarding, massage, yoga, food tours & creative activities on request
- House app for local info & contact numbers
- Faro international airport 15 mins
- Boat hire for island visits (Armona, Culatra, Farol & Deserta)
- Seville 2 hrs
This very unusual house is set in a working fishing village on the Algarve’s little-known eastern end. It’s been beautifully restored to sleep up to 24 people, although it’s not great for very small children as there are lots of stairs and some rooftop living spaces.
The house is perfect for those fond of unusual destinations and who like to explore. Ferries and private boats run from the quay close to the house to the islands in the estuary where the beaches are pristine. The water is clear here and there are low-key beach bars and restaurants where you can while away your day.
The town and its surrounding area is well know for its food and there are plenty of local restaurants and food markets to choose from. For larger parties or special events, cooks or caterers can be organised.
The house is set over several floors and is indeed a town house. The rooftop pool is ideal for a quick refreshing dip in the morning or evening and looks out over the rooftops to the sea.
There are multiple terraces and communal areas, providing both privacy for those who want to hideaway and read, as well as space for groups to sit around and chat.
All 12 bedrooms are stylishly done and are spacious with lovely linens. Every detail has been thought of from wicker baskets to beach parasols and beach towels.
There is a good kitchen along with a second ‘professional‘ kitchen for events and large groups. Twenty-four people can sit down together for meals without a problem.