A luxury house to rent near Avignon, Provence, France
Price Guide 2021:
Rates are available on request
- Full-time housekeeping staff
- 2 private chefs & 2 waiters
- 3 meals a day (buffet breakfast + lunch & dinner)
- Laundry service
- Main House:
4 American king-size bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
1 American queen-size bedroom with en-suite bathroom
2 American queen-size bedrooms with shared bathroom
- Guest House:
2 American queen-size bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Tennis court
- 65 acres of land including private gardens, sunflower fields & pear orchards
- Extensive outdoor dining & seating
- Barbecue area & boules pitch
- Gym & table tennis
- Large country kitchen with family dining area
- Grand dining room seating up to 18 guests
- Orangery with Heve Baume dining table seating up to 22 guests
- Grand living room & family room
- TV room with Xbox & Apple TV
- Cosy guest house with 2 en-suite bedrooms & sitting room
- Cooking lessons, spa & yoga services on request
- Montpellier airport 1 hr
- Marseilles Provence airport 1 hr 10 mins
- Avignon TGV station 15 mins
- Avignon centre 10 mins
- Chateauneuf-du-Pape 20 mins
- St. Remy-de-Provence 35 mins
- Gordes 45 mins
- Aix-en-Provence 1 hr 45 mins
- Cote d’Azur within easy reach
Le Mas des Poiriers is a recently restored 18th-century Provencal farmhouse set amongst 65 acres of private gardens and orchards. The house faces south and opens onto a breath-taking array of patios and gardens, arbors and allées.
The interiors were trusted to award-winning designer Susan Bednar Long and include Pierre Frey fabrics, furniture large enough to fit the rooms’ substantial size (the living room sofa is nine feet long), and layered sisal carpets beneath rich Oriental rugs.
There are seven bedrooms in the main house, five with en-suite bathrooms and two that share a bathroom. The master bedroom is a corner suite with stunning views south over the main garden and west towards the orchard. It features a beautiful antique fireplace, built-in wardrobes, a canopy bed, and a large and sunny bathroom with a marble shower and a freestanding bathtub. The other bedrooms are barely less impressive, with original fireplaces, canopy beds, antique furniture, freestanding tubs and marble bathrooms cropping up among them. Two further bedrooms, both also en-suite, are in the cosy on-site guest house, located near the pool. This charming stone cottage is perfect for a young family or for teenagers in search of independence. Bedrooms in both houses feature Four Seasons Hotel mattresses and bedding, while the bathrooms offer L’Occitane toiletries and soaps made with pears from the property’s own orchards.
The house is professionally staffed with a fabulous culinary team of two chefs and two waiters, plus housekeeping and laundry teams. Rates include three meals a day, with breakfast served buffet style, while lunch and dinner are served at the table of your choice.
Cooking classes are available on request, as are massage treatments and yoga sessions. The house also has a number of recreational facilities, including a large outdoor pool, tennis court, boules pitch, and a gym with free weights, Pilates equipment and two Peloton bikes.
The Côte d’Azur is close enough should you wish to saunter south for a day, and yet far enough away for the house to remain peaceful, standing like a love letter to the beauty of Provence.
This is just a selection of some of the villas we represent. We are constantly on the lookout for new properties to add to our portfolio and are always delighted to look for that very special house if you haven’t found what you are looking for. Properties are available throughout the year by arrangement.
So do call, we would love to talk to you.