A luxury game lodge to rent in the Waterberg, South Africa
Sleeps: 6 + 3
Price Guide 2021:
From ZAR100,000 to ZAR255,000 per night
- Butler, maid & private chef
- Game reserve managers & safari guides
- Master suite with private terrace
- 2 twin bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms
2 twin bedrooms with shared shower room
- Heated infinity pool
- Rooftop bar & jacuzzi
- Inside & outside dining & sunken firepit
- Observatory for stargazing
- WiFi, satellite TV & DVD
- Activities available through the reserve: sky diving, target shooting, hippo camping, quad bike safaris, game viewing, horse riding, heli-picnics, fresh-water swimming, rock climbing, helicopter flying, kayaking & more
- 3 hours’ drive north of Johannesburg
Situated in the malaria-free area of the Waterberg Mountains in northern South Africa lies Leobo Private Reserve, a beautiful 20,000-acre estate teeming with plains game, hippo and buffalo.
Built and designed by award-winning architects Silvio Rech and Lesley Carstens, this incredible house, or Observatory as it is known, is a true masterpiece, ideal for a couple or a family. With phenomenal views, funky architecture and utterly luxurious interiors, it will undoubtedly take your breath away.
Though lavish and luxurious, the real name of the game at Leobo is fun. The game viewing is world class. It’s one of only a handful of sole-use private reserves in Africa, meaning guests get full access to the entire estate and all its facilities.
Besides game viewing, other possible activities range from picnics by helicopter and camping beside hippos to fishing, kayaking and swimming with crocodiles.
This house itself is state-of-the-art, with breathtaking views in every direction. Serviced by a butler, maid and chef, it also has a heated infinity pool, a jacuzzi on the roof and a sensational sunken firepit. There is even an automated observatory for stargazing.
The house sleeps six adults and three children in three double rooms and a children’s triple bunk room. All bedrooms are spacious and airy and each is equipped with a cosy fireplace.
There are numerous places inside and outside the house to eat, relax and soak up the atmosphere.