Experience ‘no shoes’ luxe at its best. Call us.
Villa des Irises
A luxury villa to rent in Lacoste, Provence, France
Price Guide 2024:
From €5,000 to €12,125 per week
- Maid service Monday to Friday (2 hrs per morning, except on bank holidays)
- Breakfast service (cost of food a the expense of the clients)
- First Floor:
Master bedroom with large 4-poster bed & en-suite bathroom
2nd master bedroom with en-suite bathroom
Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
Twin/double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Ground Floor:
Small double bedroom wirth en-suite shower room
- Pool (11m x 4.2m) – heated on request at extra charge
- Air conditioning in the 3 main bedrooms
- Boules pitch
- Tennis court
- Ornamental pond
- WiFi throughout, smart TVs in 2 bedrooms & TV room, all with French & English channels
- Lacoste village walkable
- Bonnieux 5km
- Aix en Provence 45km
- Avignon TGV & airport 40 mins drive
- Marseille international airport 55 mins drive
Lacoste is a very picturesque, medieval village opposite the village of Bonnieux. Perched on the northern slopes of the Petit Luberon Mountain, part of the Luberon National Park, this charming village offers spectacular views over the Calavon Valley and the mountains of Vaucluse.
The walls of the towering ruined castle standing above Lacoste appear to protect the village, which is known for its impressive chateau that belonged to the Marquis de Sade in the 18th century. It is a village of ancient stone buildings connected by narrow ‘calade’ pebble-surfaced streets and there is a market every Tuesday. There are several restaurants, cafés and a boulangerie in the village.
The five-bedroom house is set in a beautiful and well-established garden. It was recently re-designed and renovated, creating a huge, open plan living/dining area with a state-of-the-art kitchen that opens onto the dining terrace. This overlooks the pool which itself offers wonderful views down the valley and across to the village of Bonnieux.