A luxury villa to rent on the remote island of Sumba, Indonesia
Price Guide 2021:
From US$11,995 to US$15,745 per night
Minimum stay 3 to 5 nights
All inclusive of food, non-alcoholic beverages & laundry
- Fully staffed with cook, daily housekeeping & 24-hour butler service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer services (conditions apply)
- Main Villa – master suite with private infinity pool (TV room can convert into a children’s bedroom)
- Surf Suite – double bedroom with en-suite bathroom & private infinity pool
- Pool Suite – double bedroom with en-suite bathroom & private plunge pool
- Jungle Suite – double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Tree House – double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Private pool
- Private beach with bamboo beach pavilion
- Jacuzzi (10 persons)
- Oceanside meditation platform
- Outdoor dining with fireplace & barbecue
- Horse riding, paddle boards, surfing, snorkelling, diving, fishing, yoga, meditation & gym facilities
- Full access to the Nihi Sumba resort facilities including the NihiOka Spa
- WiFi, TV/DVD & iPod docking stations
- Tambolaka Sumba Airport 3 hours drive
- 50 mins flight from Bali (Ngurah Rai International Airport)
Surfers were the first visitors to camp out on the spectacular, wild beaches of Sumba in eastern Indonesia, having discovered a mesmerising left-hand break that barrels onto the island’s pristine shores. Today this same stretch of beach is home to Nihi Sumba, a collection of villas of varying sizes that together form one of the world’s most extraordinary eco-resorts. And the five-bedroom Haweri Estate is its flagship property.
The five-acre estate comprises five individual villas decorated with Indonesian antiques and some excellent examples of Sumba artefacts, jewellery and weavings. There are two large swimming pools, a ten-person jacuzzi, an oceanside meditation pavilion, a secluded bamboo beach pavilion situated above a private beach, and a spectacular living and dining room perched on a hilltop overlooking the surf and the ocean beyond. For those seeking absolute privacy surrounded by nature at its best, this is the place to be.
On the hilltop is the open-air dining, living and entertaining pavilion with a fully equipped guest kitchen, fireplace and two outdoor decks offering stunning views in all directions. Below are the swimming pools and the villas, each individually designed and positioned to maximise the beautiful views.
The Main Villa is topped with a tall, traditional, Sumba-style roof and comes with its own 23m infinity pool and a jacuzzi just steps from the bedroom. The master suite has an inviting outdoor shower and bathtub and a TV lounge adjacent to the bedroom that can be converted into an additional bedroom for children.
The Surf Suite is just metres above the crashing waves below and without a doubt has the best views of Nihi’s surf spots. It too has its own infinity pool as well as a dining pavilion surrounded by a large wooden deck.
The spectacular, hilltop Pool Suite has a refreshing plunge pool and overlooks the ever-changing Haweri cove and beach and two incredible rock pinnacles known as The Guardians.
The Jungle Suite is tucked away at the edge of the forest with views of the pinnacles to the south and the sunset to the west.
And then there is the incredible two-storey Tree House, situated in the forest, with a bedroom and bathroom amid the treetops and a large living and dining area downstairs.
This is truly an exceptional estate, perfect for families or goups of friends looking to unplug from the modern world and reconnect with each other in a place of extraordinary beauty.