A luxury villa to rent near St Stephanos, Corfu, Greece
Price Guide 2021:
From £1,800 to £2,200 per week
- Maid 6 days a week Monday Wednesday, Friday & Saturday
- Linen changed on request (Wednesday)
- Knowledgeable local English-speaking house manager
- Double bedroom wih super-king bed, en-suite wet room & three French windows opening onto 3 terraces
- The bedroom is on a lower terrace level & has a separate entrance to the living areas
- Swimming pool (3m x 9m)
- Air conditioning in bedroom & mosquito screens (except arched windows in bedroom)
- TV, large DVD library, book library, WiFi & iPod dock
- Barbecue & wood-burning stove
- Complimentary food hamper
- Airport 50 mins drive along the coastal road
- Agni with its excellent tavernas 15 mins drive
- St Stefanos with its excellent restaurants & picturesque harbour 20 mins drive
- Kassiopi & Avlaki 20 mins drive
- There are lovely walks from the house
- A hire car is essential
EOT licence number: MHTE No. 0829 K 91000402201
In the increasingly frenetic world we live in, we all dream of the ultimate romantic retreat. Villa Iriti is just this – a rare find, located in a spectacular setting above Corfu’s fabled north-east coastline, with uninterrupted views to the sea and the Albanian mountains beyond.
High up in the hills in a private and romantic setting, surrounded by olive groves, which in spring are carpeted in wild flowers, the half-acre garden has been planted in sympathy with its natural surroundings by Jennifer Gay, the renowned landscape gardener and designer.
The pool area, with its divine views and large sunbathing area, is seriously spoiling for just two people, with comfortable sunbeds and elegant Italian umbrellas creating shade. A covered pergola shades the outdoor eating area and barbecue, and various terraces and seating areas provide more diversity in this magical setting.
Inside, the interiors are wonderfully light, and have been stylishly and sympathetically decorated to create a spacious but homely feel. High open ceilings, old thick walls and lots of windows keep the house cool and airy at all times.
There is a well-equipped, country-style kitchen and dining area with an arch and steps leading to a sitting room with comfortable sofas and chairs.
The large and luxurious bedroom is the ultimate treat with a super-king bed and handmade mattress. Three French doors lead to terraces. A gorgeous en-suite wet-room complete with Moroccan hand-beaten basin completes the experience.
NB. A car is an absolute necessity and we advise a good all-terrain vehicle or a 4×4.