A luxury villa to rent near Ostuni, Puglia, Italy
Price Guide 2021:
From €3,000 to €8,000 per week
1 week minimum stay during high season (May to October)
- Daily & pre-departure cleaning
- Bed linen & towels changed every 4 days
- Breakfast & private chef available on request
- Main House:
Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom with bath & double shower, veranda with outdoor bath & private garden with outdoor shower
Double bedroom with shared bathroom
Twin bedroom with shared bathroom
- Lamia Country Cottage:
Double bedroom & large bathroom
- Swimming pool
- Outdoor kitchen with barbecue & wood-fired oven
- Dining terrace, outdoor sofa & sun beds
- Large roof terrace with sea views
- Hectare of land filled with olive & almond trees
- Cinema room, Turkish bath & fully equipped kitchen
- WiFi, laundry service & washing machine
- Air conditioning, central heating, alarm system & private parking
- Yoga, personal trainer, massage & car transfers on request
- Brindisi international airport 15 mins
- Bari international airport 1 hr
- Torre Guaceto nature reserve & beach 7km
- Carovigno is the closest town; Ostuni is 15 mins away
Handsome Villa Thistle comes from the same architect and owners behind the magical Masseria Moroseta hotel in eastern Puglia, between Monopoli and Brindisi.
Like the hotel, the villa has been built with local materials using traditional methods and is light and linear, with a wonderful roof terrace that boasts views of the Adriatic.
Inside is a large living room and dining room, a fully equipped kitchen, a cinema room and even a Turkish bath. The master bedroom has a veranda with an outdoor tub and a private garden with an open-air shower.
There are two further bedrooms in the main house, one with a double bed, the other with two singles. These share a bathroom, though if you don’t need the beds, the twin room can be used as an additional cosy living room. The fourth double bedroom is in the traditional stone lamia (country cottage) on site, which has its own large bathroom.
Outside is a long pool, an outdoor kitchen with a barbecue and a wood-fired oven, and plenty of space for lounging, reading and taking in the sunsets.
The house is surrounded by a hectare of land strewn with olive and almond trees and feels very private. Though help is at hand should you need it, with everything from private chefs to yoga instructors available on request.
We especially like the sound of their blind tasting menu, in which expert local chefs bring a selection of dishes and accompanying paired wines to the villa for you to try, using fruits, vegetables, herbs and products sourced from local organic growers, and drawing inspiration from a mix of Mediterranean and modern global cooking styles.
This is just a selection of some of the villas we represent. We are constantly on the lookout for new properties to add to our portfolio and are always delighted to look for that very special house if you haven’t found what you are looking for. Properties are available throughout the year by arrangement.
So do call, we would love to talk to you.